Tuesday 22 November 2011

November's Glossy Box

November Glossy Box. 

I'm sure everyone is familiar with the concept of GlossyBox so apologises for repetition. Each month you  receive a gorgeous box which includes 5 high-end samples. It truly is a great way to try new products particularly in sample size particularly if your anything like me  and tend  mix and match a lot. Hence I jumped at the chance to subscribe having read the lovely Lucy Ducketts July post. 

Subscription is monthly at the cost of  £12.95 , previously the cost was £10 but has now increased to include postage and packaging. I subscribed mid July but didn't receive my first box until  September  due to high demand. Although I was very impatient having seen previous boxes but it was well worth the wait.

However Octobers and Novembers box wasn't really what I was expecting and it seems to be a running theme for this month box. I wasn't completely disappointed but to date its not one of their best boxes from Glossybox. But again it is a choice of personal preference what may not work for me may work for someone else, so I cant be overtly judgemental. So here's the November box:


Here's what was included in the November box:

ABBONE fC5 Ultra Hydrating Crème Full size £19.00/118ml, I received a 15ml sample. I was pleased with this little number, its smells refreshing little bitter but I'm a big fan of hand cream and with winter looming it will be a handbag must. 

MONU Revitalising Moisturiser £16.25/50ml which I received(full size). Being a fan of elderflower I am liking the sensual smell of this moisturiser. Not something I would of used being a big fan of Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour cream and dermatolgica. I often switch face creams depending on my skin, its pretty sensitive and has the odd break out (Although its not as bad maybe one or two spots, yuck).  There are better choices glossybox could have included again. Its not bad but not great, again was expecting something more different. 


Nail Rock Designer Wraps Full size £6.65/pack, I received Leopard print. I have used nail wraps before not really fussed to be honest very plain jane when it comes to nails. I probably wont use these, and this product to me isnt really a luxury item. Again its personal preference. 





Dead Sea Spa Magik, Dead Sea Bath Salts Full size £5.50/1 Kg,  I received a 250g sample. Having received two samples of the Salt brushing(From Dead Sea Spa Magik), I rushed out to buy a full size one it is a must for soft supple skin and the smell is divine. I cannot wait to try the bath salts, I have a feeling I will love these just as much as the salt brushing. The price is amazing given benefits these products provides. I have converted quite a few female family members into using this after they seen my skin, I cannot recommend Dead Sea Spa Magik enough. At the weekend when I was out shopping I cam across the range in Holland and Barrett its everywhere. 


Finally the ILLAMASQUA Freak De Parfum Full size 75ml/£59.00.  The sample size was a tiny bottle. It is a freakishly dark scent, I wasn't keen on the first spray but after a while it really is very nice. Very exotic and sweet  it wont appeal to all, the smell is definitely growing on me.Although perfume samples are free and I wouldn't class this as a luxury item, it is a waste. 
 My perfume shelf is ridiculously full, anyone else a big lover of all things perfume, im addicted. 



All in all not the best box, I'm looking forward to see what Decembers box will bring. But if the box doesn't get better I think I may have to consider cancelling. Anyone else feeling the same about Novembers box? To be fair recently  I have converted a few people to subscribe to Glossybox and do love the concept so I cant be too hard on this months box it is my guilty pleasure. It was bad just not what I expected.

Rating: 5/10 (dont want to be too horrible

I am considering  subscribing to another beauty box maybe Carmine, Boudoir Prive or another. Anyone any thoughts???


Cate xx 


1 comment:

  1. hey hun, im subscribed to all 3 boxes and carmine and BP are far better than glossy box this months really disspointed me im hopeful decembers box it better.

    www.dreamincolour11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete